Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> At ApacheCon Europe (it was also presented in Orlando last March, but I missed
> it then), there was a very interesting session by Theo Schlossnagle
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> about the Backhand Project, which is focused on providing
> load balancing support for Apache as a web server.  There are some good ideas we
> can glean from this approach (and possibly even some code???).  More info at:
>
>     http://www.cnds.jhu.edu/~jesus/
>
> Craig

I attended his session at ApacheCon in Orlando.  I also spoke with him
about Backhand
and other high-availability and load balancing solutions (one that I
helped create).
Backhand has many features that only commercial software had before.

Many of the tricks/approaches/patters that Backhand uses have been
around for quite
a while, but just not implemented as open source software.  Yes, now we
have a very
good open source example.

--
Jason Brittain