in the java side of ajp13, it is pretty much assumed that strings are
iso-8859-1 encoded.  (i'm not sure how things that deal with
MessageBytes that come out of ajp13 deal with encoding...).

is this a potential problem?  i realize that for things like standard
header names this will generally not be a problem.  but would it be
worthwhile to send an encoding across from the webserver to the
container in ajp14?  or, can iso-8859-1 be assumed, and if a
content-type header is present and specifies an encoding, it can be
pulled out of there?

i'm sensitive to these issues now, as i'm currently going through the
'joy' of an i18n/l10n release ;)

-kevin.