>I agree that even if you have option b) working, option a) is the
>correct way to go so that we don't break backwards compatibility.

The consensus seems to be in freezing ajp13 and adding new features
in ajp14 only. It will avoid conflict with servlet-engine using
standard ajp13 protocol (TC 3.2/3.3).

The ajp13 protocol use an int header which is 0x1234 when
packet in from web-server to servlet-engine and 'AB' in
servlet-engine to web-server.

ajp14 (which is ajp13++ ;) will use 0x1235 and 'AC'. It will
help people writting disector (protocol decoder) determine
the rigth protocol.

I'll start to move some code from jk_ajp13.c to jk_ajp_common.c
and make ajp13/ajp14 use them via flags a protocol flag :)

Stay tuned.