>I'm doing some work on the domino tomcat connector which makes the
>current version unbuildable for anything < T4.0.

What's T4.0 ? TC 4.0 ?

An important point is that the webserver didn't have to know
which servlet-engine is as the remote end.

>From what I see in your commit :

 +
  +#if FOR_TOMCAT >= TOMCAT400
  +static jk_worker_env_t   worker_env;
  +#endif

The worker_env is not dependant on TC 4.0. It was added to let
some protocols (currently only AJP14), have more information
on the web-server (will be sent to servlet-engine at login time
for information and may be action).
We also need that for URI autoconf support. After the login phase,
we could received a list of URI to  be mapped to a worker.

In ajp12/ajp13, We just don't use these informations.

Consider you're allways in FOR_TOMCAT >= TOMCAT400 and remove
the #ifdef/#endif

>It occurred to me that
>there might be a #define somewhere in the shared jk_* stuff that would
>give me a version number I could test, but I can't see one. Is there
>anything there? Should there be?

the jk in j-t-c, is an evolution of mod_jk found in Tomcat 3.3.
We add more features and entry points but keep compatibility
with actual Tomcat 3.2/3.3/4.0 (with its ajp13 connector).