Andy Armstrong wrote:

> jean-frederic clere wrote:
> [snip]
> > > #if defined(JK_VERSION) && JK_VERSION >= 1
> > >     ... newer stuff ...
> > > #endif
> >
> > Like it is in the Linux Kernel (LINUX_VERSION_CODE) ;-)
>
> Yup.
>
> > But it makes only sense if someone want to use a new module with a old core
> > code.
> > That means a protocol developed in 1.3.x could be used in 1.2.x.
> > Well could be nice, but difficult to handle. Backport a new protocol to an old
> > mod_jk!
>
> It makes sense for the kind of code I'm writing for the Domino connector
> though. The source supports/will support the latest protocols, but
> should still be buildable in cases where those protocols aren't
> available.

The protocols should be in one place, the interface to a WebServer in another
place.
Domino is a WebServer so you should not care about the protocols but just
provide the calls the core part needs, otherwise we will have a huge quantity of
code copied in several places (Hard for maintenance).
These version things should be only when making a backport of something new to a
old version or when adding a code that cannot work in an old version.