jean-frederic clere wrote:
[snip]
> > #if defined(JK_VERSION) && JK_VERSION >= 1
> >     ... newer stuff ...
> > #endif
>
> Like it is in the Linux Kernel (LINUX_VERSION_CODE) ;-)

Yup.

> But it makes only sense if someone want to use a new module with a old core
> code.
> That means a protocol developed in 1.3.x could be used in 1.2.x.
> Well could be nice, but difficult to handle. Backport a new protocol to an old
> mod_jk!

It makes sense for the kind of code I'm writing for the Domino connector
though. The source supports/will support the latest protocols, but
should still be buildable in cases where those protocols aren't
available. At the moment I'm doing that with switches in a header that's
local to the Domino connector, but it would be better if it was part of
the jk/common source tree.

> > b) People working on the cutting edge j-t-c stuff who will be using the
> > latest versions of everything.
>
> ? That is CVS ?

Yes.

--