"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> jean-frederic clere at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> No, I don't like it... As the Java part will always be distributed with
> >> Tomcat 4
> >
> > Why? I was thinking it was nice to be able to just add the war.jar file to get
> > the connector in TC 4.0.
>
> Nope... The official _stable_ WARP code is distributed with Tomcat 4.0, and
> resides in that CVS... The one you download from jakarta-tomcat-connectors
> is the "working copy"... As soon as I tag a "stable" version, that gets
> copied over into the official repository...

So we will need to explain this in the README.txt. If the idea is to have the
developement version in jakarta-tomcat-connectors and the maintenance mode one
in Tomcat 4.0 that is great! (Otherwise it is confusing...).

> If will change apjava.m4, so that if you don't specify --with-jdk, you won't
> compile java (remove the compile task, and remove all dependancies)
> sometimes in the future... Now it's not a priority (the priority is to have
> that piece of shit to pass the watchdog tests, soooooo....).
>
> Maybe next week.

The CVS I have does not compile because apr_socket_create()... It misses the
inherit parameter!
APR has added it to the apr_socket_create(). Should I fix it or just tell we
need a tagged APR (like APACHE_2_0_20).