On Wednesday July 25, 2001 Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> Yes. I am definitely _EAGER_ to include JavaService with my Service code,
> and distribute it all together with Tomcat 4.0 (from the next beta).
>
> A couple of changes are needed for your code to be integrated with my
> current Service, as you use static methods in classes, while my Service is
> an interface which needs to be implemented...
>
> And I have a two-step initialization process, since under Unix we can use
> the first one (load) to bind to ports < 1024 while running as root, and
> start() gets called after the user has been downgraded.

I see. So instead of calling a static method, the service would need to
create an object and then call the load method followed by the start
method? I suppose I should look at your code. Where you planning on
integrating the NT portion into the same set of source files or having a
seperate set?

Elijah Roberts