on 9/9/01 8:43 PM, "Pier Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Jon Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Here is another point: What if one of you goes on vacation and forgets to
>> make the switch to assign it to someone else? The *only* thing that will
>> notify the list of the bug is the weekly email. What if it is a security
>> hole bug report and the weekly email isn't set to go out for another 6 days?
>> I understand that you get a copy of all of the emails, but that is still a
>> single point of failure if you get behind a couple days on your own emails
>> (or don't read one of them closely enough).
>
> Nope... Because I check the web...

Pier, you missed the point. I'm trying to say that you and the person
assigned to the emails are potential central points of failures.

> Ok, propose a vote, then...

Isn't that what I'm doing?

> And again, so many projects have a separate -cvs mailing list... Not all
> project are "Jon-ized", if you want to change them, submit a request for
> vote.

I was giving examples and reasons why it is a good idea to encourage
developers to participate, not try to "jon-ize" every project out there.

> (on the bug issue, I don't give a damn about where those emails end up to, I
> get notified anyhow)

YOU clearly don't give a damn about the rest of us either. :-(

-jon