Christopher,

Since you are the VOTE proponent, could you take a look at my previous
suggestion:
  - having a "tomcat-bugs" mailing list;
  - having a _daily digest_ to "tomcat-dev" (which should refer the
    existence of the bugs list).

It was made clear along this discussion that BUG messages were removed
because people complained about clutter.

The fact that they are faced as clutter by many defeats the idea of
getting more eye balls posting them all one by one - people will "jump
over" and ignore them just as everybody does to advertising banners.

The daily bug digest + bug list still sounds like a nice compromise to
me. I think that it is the best way to get more eye balls.

Anyway, I know I would prefer it this way, but I have no Karma to do
anything about that besides noise.

Thanks and have fun,
Paulo Gaspar