"Ryan Bloom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 10 September 2001 14:51, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> Mod_jk will use APR - that's certain. The only question is when and how
>> to do the transition without affecting the stability of the code. Having
>> an APR1.0 out is one of the requirements - I don't think we can release
>> mod_jk, even from j-t-c, with dependencies on un-released library.

In its current status, APR is very stable for at least what has been used in
WebApp, meaning memory, IO and few other stuff. I would love to use thread
locking (new piece of code in there since two weeks) but it's still too
early to use it....

>> There are already 2 proposals for how to do that - one with preserving the
>> current common as a temporary solution, until we make sure it works with
>> IIS/NES, and the other with removing the common utils and hoping things
>> will work with IIS/NES.

A third one could be an API merger between the two... If you want to talk
about it...

>> Right now the APR/common is not the main itch - it'll become pretty soon,
>> at least for me ( I need mmap for the new connector )

MMAP is the other scary stuff in APR, the new code (without Ralph's libmm)
it no more than one month old... I need it for load balancing, but I want to
double check with the guys in CA next week and see what they tell me before
publishing anything..

> I'm actually right now working on the thread locks for Windows, and then I
> am going to start agitating for an APR release.  We should have APR 1.0 out
> the door soon-ish.  I am hoping to have it released sometime in the next month
> or two.  :-)

Yah... We need that thread locking for Windows... :) At least I do :) :) :)

    Pier