>If we consider native2 as a remplacement for the native of
>mod_jk, no. That is
>just a new version.
>If you thing of easy testing may be... I have libjk.so from
>native and mod_jk.so
>from native2 and I stop/start Apache for testing both.

The idea is that native2 will replace more or less quickly
the good old mod_jk and it will be better (IMO) to start
called mod_jk with a new name, maybe mod_jk2.

And some people may want to test BOTH at the same time,
so the need to rename :

mod_jk.so to mod_jk2.so
mod_jk.c  to mod_jk2.c
jk_module to jk2_module
and the jk2_ prefix to avoid problems with non-static refs.

Also it will help us do stuff like :

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_jk2.c>
</IfModule>

This dual config could help us determine problems by having
one virtual server test against a Tomcat using mod_jk/ajp13
and another virtual testing against the same Tomcat using
mod_jk2/ajp13-ajp14....

PS: Yes the commit will be important