"Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> "jean-frederic clere" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> The idea in jakarta-tomcat-service is to implement JSR96
>>> (http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/96.jsp).
>>> jakarta-tomcat-4.1/service is to allow run tomcat on port 80 as a
> daemon...
>>
>> The Apache Software Foundation is voting NO on the publication of JSR-096,
>> since the spec sucks, and we weren't able to make the spec lead come to an
>> agreement.
>
> That makes sense. If the spec sucks, and the lead doesn't want to improve
> it, there's no reason to support it ;-)
>
> And would you support moving that code to the commons ? It has 0
> dependencies with TC, plus it would broaden its audience.

Yes... No problems with that... Actually over there it has more visibility
to Peter D. and Geir, who were my "pals" on JSR-096...

I wrote a doc on why JSR-096 sucks, along with an alternative API (which is
what a bunch of us on JSR-096 wanted but the spec lead didn't want to
follow)... Do you want that? It has some more reviews up to date...

(BTW, I don't follow this list much ATM - new job outside of the scope of
Tomcat - so if you have something urgent just CC me as J.F. does :)

Cheeri'os!

    Pier