"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How easy would it be if that was possible ? For both hackers and
> developers :-)

Well, if you set your binary in chmod u+S your process is started as root
(big NONO)... I don't quite get what Patrick want to do, but having a suid
binary doesn't make it to my hard disk...

> Changing the uid to root is certainly impossible AFAIK ( at least on
> unix, on NT everything is possible, but I hope not this one ).

Possible :(

> The other part is possible and I think it's a very good solution.

Root->User? Yeah. We just need to have a 2 stage initialization process
(that's why several months ago I added a method in Catalina's "connector"
interface called "initialize" (check out the JavaDOCs! :)

    Pier