> Remy,
>
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > jsvc and the Daemon code don't use the normal Bootstrap class, but
rather
> > use BootstrapService, which is the one which implements the
Service/Daemon
> > interface. This shouldn't call StandardServer.await, but rather will
only
> > call the start and stop method.
> >
> > So doing the setuid change during the daemon init method should work,
since
> > that's where the connectors are initialized.
> >
> > Or did I get something wrong ?
>
> await() is invoked in the Catalina.start() method. So, if you start
standalone (as Unix /etc/rc.d scripts do), Tomcat will invoke
Catalina.start().

But BootstrapService uses CatalinaService, which doesn't do that.
I agree that the standard classes are not suitable to be run as a daemon,
but they've never been designed for that (I have written BootstrapService
and CatalinaService in collaboration with Pier specially for this purpose).

Remy