On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Sam Ewing wrote:

> Hi Costin,
>
> > - mod_jserv implements ajp12
> > - mod_jk implements ajp12, ajp13, jni
> > - mod_jk2 implements ajp13 ( and one of my goals for
>
> I looked at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html
>
> This says that "This implementation supports the AJP
> 1.3 and 1.4 protocols"..

Well, we are as confused as our users are :-)

What we called "ajp14" are a set of new APIs for config, shutdown,
MD5 auth - added by Henri. Ajp14 API is not 'released', and the current
plan is to postpone it after the first release of jk2.

The new APIs are implemented using AJP13 protocol.

( well, we didn't use to make this distinction between API and
RPC protocol, that's why we called everything 'protocol' and
we don't have enough names )