Well, obeying the Host header ever, can be rfc compliant, because "This
specification reflects common usage of the protocol referred too as
"HTTP/1.0". This specification describes the features that seem to be
consistently implemented in most HTTP/1.0 clients and servers." (
excerpt from RFC 1945 ), so this is not a "real" RFC, at least not one
that must be obeyed in a compulsory way :)), at this moment, 3.3 does
obeys a Host header present in a HTTP1.0 request, so having no need to
implement that rfc completely ( it's more a compilation of commons
practices than a "must" rfc), to be consistent to what 3.3 does right
now seems to me a very good reason to obey the Host Header if present
ever..

Just some thoughts, HTTP1.0 discussions are today more than a little
useless and academic.., :)))

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega