> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > In HTTP/1.0, looking at the Host header is non standard. We can look at
it
> > if it is there (and I believe we do; if we don't it is very simple to
change
> > that), but in the end the HTTP/1.0 protocol is inefficient broken in
many

> The Host header is not specified in the standard - it's what we would call
> a 'standard extension' :-) There are few extensions to the HTTP/1.0 that
> are in very common use - in the sense that all browsers and most clients
> support them, and Host is the best example.
>
> Some of those extensions found their way into HTTP/1.1 spec.
>
> AFAIK Host: allways worked this way ( at least in the last 5 years ).

Thanks for the details.

> > I see a lot of noise from you about this trivial issue. Is there
something I
> > missed ?
>
> I guess we're missing Nacho's commit that fixes the problem :-)

Yes, he seemed to have a good idea about what was needed.

> It seems to be an itch for him - we're just making noise to encourage
> him to fix it :-)

Since I was getting curious about what all this was about - :) - I went and
looked at the code, and it looks as if the header is present, we're parsing
it for HTTP/1.0 (looks good), but if no port is specified, in HTTP/1.1 we
default to 80 (or 443), and in HTTP/1.0 we default to the socket port. It
doesn't look very consistent to me ;-)

Remy