"Punky Tse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> GOMEZ Henri wrote:
>>> Punky, I appreciate your effort, but IMO, wa_version.h is way
>>> too utterly
>>> complicated.  I'd add -DWEBAPP_VERSION="xxxxx" to CFLAGS from
>>> the autoconf
>>> magicness, and go from there...
>>

>> Hum, I just commited wa_version.h and it's really similar to
>> what Jean-Frederic proposed and commited to mod_jk.
>>
>> And it's what httpd 2.0 (ap_release.h) use ....
>>
> I tell you why:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=100878406017530&w=2

That still doesn't change the fact that whatever is in JK for versioning is
utterly complicated, is completely different from what the Apache folks have
done so far (look at both 1.3 and 2.0 trees), and I don't want to look up at
a manual on how to interpret the va_version.h header every time I have to
roll a release, right?

Punky, your ORIGINAL file from December last year looked _MUCH_ better....

I'm still -1 on the version currently in CVS. This is how I would like to
see things at the end, exactly like Apache 1.3 and 2.0 are doing...

My idea of -DWEBAPP_VERSION="....." is wrong because it's impossible to
gather that piece of information under Windows when building with Visual
Studio (stupid operating system)...

    Pier