"Punky Tse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> That still doesn't change the fact that whatever is in JK for versioning is
>> utterly complicated, is completely different from what the Apache folks have
>> done so far (look at both 1.3 and 2.0 trees), and I don't want to look up at
>> a manual on how to interpret the va_version.h header every time I have to
>> roll a release, right?
>>
>> Punky, your ORIGINAL file from December last year looked _MUCH_ better....
>
> Yes, I know, but it's shame that you were *so* inactive at that time. ;-)

My priorities are kinda right... Get laid off by Sun in november, go on a
long vacation in December (basically trying to get all my stuff toghether),
find a new job in January, and start working on February...

Sorry...

>> I'm still -1 on the version currently in CVS. This is how I would like to
>> see things at the end, exactly like Apache 1.3 and 2.0 are doing...
>
> +1 for httpd way.

Good....

>> My idea of -DWEBAPP_VERSION="....." is wrong because it's impossible to
>> gather that piece of information under Windows when building with Visual
>> Studio (stupid operating system)...
>
> You said that you don't support M$ platform, you changed your mind? ;-)

No, I didn't, but I'm sure that my inbox will start to be polluted by
questions like "how do I do that? WA_VERSION is not defined..."

Just to keep spam low, and if someone wants to port it, well, I'm not here
to prevent them...

    Pier