On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Kin-Man Chung wrote:

> Having extra {}'s is not going to work, because it's not legal java to
> have variables of the same name in a method, even if one is in the block
> nested with another block containing the other.
>
> There was a problem with scripting variables when a tag is nested in
> the same tag, because of the above problem.  But that has been fixed
> recently in jasper2.  If costin's page works in old jasper, but not
> in jasper2, then it must be something else.

I think it's exactly that, a NESTED which doesn't nest.

I have few other problems to solve first, sorry for not getting back.
Are there any tests with nested in watchdog ? I could work on one
and try to reproduce ( or find what's going wrong ).

BTW, I noticed that the .tlds and are parsed on every page
compilation. Can I add an option to allow bad developers to disable
at least validation ? ( I know a good developer will validate the xml
as many times as possible, to be sure :-). I also have a small patch that
caches the trees ( well, if I had more time I would get rid of
the whole DOM->tree duplication and use dom directly ).

Costin