Many thanks Jan and Kin-Man.

But there is still a problem - now if you have:
  <logic:iterate id='i' >
  </logic:iterate>

  <logic:iterate id='i' >
  </logic:iterate>

( i.e. the same variable name ), it will fail with duplicated declaration,
the code will be:
   Object i;
   Object i;

( id is nested ).

As I mentioned, the 4.1.4 milestone doesn't have this problem ( it has
others, but easier to get around ).

Costin