I would like to make a poll (something non-obligatory as a vote) about
using apr/apr-util inside the jk2. The reason is quite simple, we have
lots of extra code that we either duplicate or just mimic. Since the APR
is already default for Apache2 and IIS, IMO there is no reason to keep
and maintain the 'old pre-apr' code.

I would like to use the APR for every API supported. Meaning memory
pools (we have a serious memory leak problem with i_r2 just using
different pool), file i/o, etc...
Of course that would mean switching to the apr socket too.

So...

1. Keep the status quos

2. Use the APR for memory pool management

3. Use the APR for file i/o

4. Use the APR for network i/o

5. Use the APR for shared memory (never been able to use that without
APR)

6. Use the APR for threads (well, that's the only way to use it at all)

All the code is allready inside the jk2 (working right now for most of
you).

MT.