Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
>
>> To clarify - I agree jspc has a lot of broken options and
>> features. My use case is:
>>
>> Removing the CLI or any other options is fine for me. I don't need
>> jspc to compile or do any fancy thing - just compile JSPs to servlets
>> and generate the web.xml fragment.
>

> Actually, I don't care about any use case of jspc (which is good as it's
> broken).
> I was just trying to help out fix bugs, and thought it would be better
> to try to provide user friendly tools (instead of bloated and broken
> ones). I'll focus on some other area of the code then.

I do care about this use case, and I'm pretty sure it's not broken.

I have no problem with deprecating the other features and CLI -
if nobody is maintaining them it would be better to cut them. But
I use this feature ( and intend to fix it if it brakes )

> BTW, no matter how I look at it, the practice of generating servlets
> seems really ugly to me (of course, there are so many ugly things about
> JSPs, I guess it's only one of them).

:-)

It's not that bad -  generating servlets is one of the things I like
in jsp.