Remy has a point - the current code is not very clean, and doesn't
seem to be tested/maintained enough.

I use the ant tasks - and I have a feeling many other users of jspc
are doing the same.

Removing the CLI and keeping the basic functionality seems like
a good idea.

For example compiling a jsp page outside a webapp can't work
in all cases - if it has includes, etc it needs to resolve, it
needs taglib definitions from WEB-INF, etc. I can't see any
good reason to keep it if it's half broken by definition.

Also - compiling the java files is the job of <javac>,
and the mapping and web.xml fragment generation can be
more easily done using only the ant tasks.

I would go even further - since we are already using ant to
compile the java to .class, it may be a good idea to make the
.jsp->.java task 'first class'.

In any case - the task is supported ( at least by me, it seems Henri is
using it as well ).
If there are people who want to support the CLI and the other
options - then we can keep them, but if not - I think it's better
to remove them or mark as unsupported.

Costin