by any chance do you have multiple webapps or just one?  in my case, I
only have one webapp which has some services it loads when tomcat
starts. All of my pages are dynamic with all the text in
resourceBundles. The dynamic data is retrieved from a middle layer in
XML format. JSTL is used to get text from resourceBundles and parse the
XML.

I'm on win2K also.

peter