Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

jfarcand 2002/12/03 08:04:02

Modified: coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote Response.java
coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteResponse.java
Log:
As Bill's recommends, do not set a default locale in Response directly.

That seems like a bad idea. AFAIK, a default locale was set before, and I removed it when I refactored the header handling; I think your patch was fine.

OTOH, calling setLocale does not do the same thing (it ends up setting the content-language header, which may not be what you want to do).

That's true. What I'm trying to do is to only set the locale attribute to confrom with the 2.4 spec. I will take a look at the spec 2.2/2.3. I'm surprised there is no local by default.
I think I made a mistake when I removed the default locale. It was there in version 1.16. I think you should go back to version 1.17.

Remy