The check will verify that the session id doesn't duplicate another
active session.

If the session expires - it is still possible ( even if extremely unlikely )
that a user will reuse the same browser window and get into someone's else
session.

I think this is as likely as someone using a random session ID ( for any
decent random generator, the fact that a number has been generated before
shouldn't affect the probability of having it generated again - AFAIK )

We could completely eliminate this chance by including the time - so each
sessionID will have the start time included in it ( that may be used for
other purpose eventually ).

Costin