Tim Funk wrote:
I don't know if there are any build from scratch scripts out there, I am sure there is because of the nightly build process. I wanted a script that pulls everything from scratch and does a full build so I can test that occasionally for myself.

Attached (hopefully) is a shell script. I've only tested it in cygwin but it should work fine in any sh compatible *nix. (The script is very simple and anyone with minimal shell experience can easily tweak this)

When you run this script it will create a subdirectory called "buildtc5" and use that as a starting point for pulling everything from cvs and use the "download" task to put everything in buildtc5/includes as well as the checkout task to pull the rest of the source dependences. The only prerequisites to running the script are
- JAVA_HOME must be defined and you need jdk1.4
- ANT_HOME must be defined
- cvs must be in your PATH

WARNING: This script uses the anonymous cvs to pull everything and tries to append to $HOME/.cvspass the anonymous userid password combo.

I think that's useful, and it's probably worth it to add it in the CVS.

Meanwhile, I've almost fixed the regressions :)

Remy