Mladen Turk a écrit :

-----Original Message-----
From: jean-frederic clere

Remy Maucherat wrote:

Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but it's impossible to build the said binaries without expensive compilers. (please do not suggest Cygwin)

Why? Is the Makefile broken?

Doesn't matter. We need the tomcat.exe and tomcatw.exe only.
While the tomcat.exe could be compiled using cygwin or mingw, there is a
problem with tomcatw.exe. The GNU's resource compilers doesn't handle
the
BITMAP resources so we are missing those whenever building with those
tools.
Also I'm not sure about the License and Cygwin binaries (that's too
fuzzy, so I don't even bother to compile something with cygwin).

AFAICT we don't build WIN32 distributable binaries with those tools for
any j-t-c project.
Further more, apache2.x installation is build with InstallShield
(another expensive tool), and
nobody complains about that.

ASF (or just Apache Team) have a special aggrement with InstallShield so they could use it.

May be we should ask the same to Microsoft for it's Visual C++ ;--)