Bill Barker a écrit :

----- Original Message ----- From: "Costin Manolache" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 11:44 PM
Subject: Jk2 object model

I remember some time ago Mladen (?) was suggesting to use C++ for jk2
instead of the pseudo-OO programming. Did anything got discussed/decided
about this or the low-level model ?

The only suggestion I remember like this is mine to use Xerces-C (and it was
heavily rejected :).  I'm not really in favor of paying the cost for C++ in
the critical code when the current implementation works well.  About the
only thing it doesn't have is multiple inheritance (which, if it comes up,
I'd rather do a COM-style QueryInterface, since it won't come up much).

I'd like we don't start C++ in such area for many reasons, including the fact the Apache codebase is not C++ but just good old C.