Hi,

Since I've started few months ago all the C++ fuzziness (I did posted even
some source to Costin back then),
my intention wasn't to CPP-ize the existing code, but rather to move that
'dead' code on some new tracks.

What I'm looking since then is some kind of different approach to the
subject.

I'll take a good look at javagroups. Seems to me that this is something that
I had in my mind for a while, meaning
leaving all the communication and configuration to some Java proxy, and
having native only to communicate with that proxy.

What I was looking at was the way to find the 'more intelligent' way of
integration, definitely having GUI (html) configuration, something like TC
Manager, and cacheable configuration on the native side (today's jvm's are
IMO quite different with native integration then 1.2 was back in days when
JK2 was started).

The native part would have to be as simple as possible, having only the jvm
and classloader, and few native calls, allowing it to be integrated not only
in Web server, but with the simple console client too.

I agree with you that this would be JK3, rather then JK2 on steroids :-),
and it would require a different perspective.
I'm in favor of _usability_ over performance in that new approach.

The major question is are there any developer interest on that?

Also I wouldn't like to been seen as 'a JK2 killer', but if we are frankly
with ourselves, there wasn't a major JK2 technological advantage for more
then a year, and there isn't much interest of the developer community
thought.
I also use the JK for production servers, and it is doing just fine for what
it needs to.

MT.