>From Costin Manolache
> Sent: 6. siječanj 2004 8:11
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Jk2 object model
>
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
> > Costin Manolache wrote:
> >
> >> I remember some time ago Mladen (?) was suggesting to use
> C++ for jk2
> >> instead of the pseudo-OO programming.
> >

> > I am -1 for using C++... And wondering why you want to use C++.
>
> I don't actually want to use C++ - I'm just a bit unhappy
> with the "reinventing the wheel" object model in jk2, and I
> was wondering if any alternatives have been discussed.

Me too...
The JK2 IMO is a pretty dead project.
Henri tried to boost that forcing the APR as a default, we did some work,
but it is agin stalled.

IMO for the majority of the people the JK is sufficient enough.
Using APR in JK would perhaps make it the same as JK2.

As I see it, most of the people are looking at JK2 as an enhancement over
the JK, but in the real life there is not much technological difference.
We still have a same packet communication between them (that hasn't changed
conceptually from jserv).

What I would like to see is something different in approach to the problem
of integration.

> So I was wondering if jk2 or
> something similar could be used as a connector into apps like
> mozilla or evolution ( or any other desktop app ) and allow
> access to the services and info inside.

Something simmilar I woud say :-).

MT.