Hi all,
probably now I get the -1's back, but nevertheless I'll give it a try...!

> Did some of you, JFC, Mladen, Guenter, Kurt, Norm could works on
> a little HOWTO (text based will be suffisant) for jk2, explaining
> how to set up jk2 in IIS and Apache 2 web-servers ?

> It could be added to the release and will help remove tons of
> questions from tomcat-users :)

> Volunteers welcome (I can't work on it right now)
hmm, I think Norm has already offered that he's more than willing to improve the
Apache2 docu;
and in addition he has already put together such an document in html for NetWare, and
I modified it slighty for Win32 (I linked to recently).
But since we have to deal with a lot of terms which are almost not or insuffient
explained, I think we should all here put the heads together, specially also those
which have started with the initial mod_jk2 project, so that we can find proper
descriptions of all those terms which also f.e. appear on the jkstatus pages.
While I digged last time through BugZilla, I also have read a bunch of cvs commit logs
to understand why what was changed, changed then back and so on; and I got the strong
feeling that even those who have commited the changes often only did what users
requested, but didnt know for sure what's right and what's wrong behaviour.
What I have heard a lot is 'read the code', but that isnt allways the best answer, its
useless to read the code and understand what's going on unless you know from a docu
what's right and what's wrong behaviour; we all should know what the module _should_
do before we try to archive that.
I've forwarded a html document to Henri and Mladen which Norm has created, and we all
are not able to answer the questions fully and decribe what the terms really mean.
Norm will be online in about 1 hour (Australia), and I hope he agrees that we make his
document here available....
It would be very great if all here familar with the connector stuff could clarify
this, so that we have a good starting point for any further documentation. I believe
that we in one day could put all info together if everyone reads this document with
the terms in question, and posts what he thinks is the best description; and also I
would like to get replies from all other non-commiters here if that what we put
together is understandable at all.

something other we should perhaps also discuss is the format of the docu.
I think that it is most likely that someone who installs a web connector has also a
web browser; and therefore I'm +1 for a html document; however everyone has certainly
a text editor, and IIRC Henri and Mladen are +1 for plain text. Since it doesnt matter
what we use, I would like to see some feedback from those admins who have to install
the connectors what they would prefer.

thanks, Guenter.