Hi,
Here are the HOWTOs I use for binary distributions:

NetWare:

This is a binary package of mod_jk2. If you have
installed Apache2 to the default location /Apache2 then
simply extract this archive directly to the root of
your volume. Use the 'Include' directive to add
mod_jk2.conf to your httpd.conf. Rename the
workers2.properties.minimal to workers2.properties,
then edit the file and change the host and port setting
if necessary.
On NW 6.0 the default Tomcat listens on 9009 while with
NW 6.5 Tomcat listens on 9010.
After restarting Apache2 you should be able to browse
the Tomcat documentation with this link:
http://your.domain.com/tomcat-docs/
This docs also include mod_jk2.

version  : 2.0.4
license  : http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

Win32:

This is a binary package of mod_jk2. If you have
installed Apache2 to the default location /Apache2 then
simply extract this archive directly to the root of
your volume. Use the 'Include' directive to add
mod_jk2.conf to your httpd.conf. Rename the
workers2.properties.minimal to workers2.properties,
then edit the file and change the host and port setting
if necessary.
After restarting Apache2 you should be able to browse
the Tomcat documentation with this link:
http://your.domain.com/tomcat-docs/
This docs also include mod_jk2.

version  : 2.0.4
license  : http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

here follows the directory structure I use:

./apache2
         /conf
              /workers2.properties.minimal
              /mod_jk2.conf