From: "Guenter Knauf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hi,
> Here are the HOWTOs I use for binary distributions:

> NetWare:
>
> This is a binary package of mod_jk2. If you have
> installed Apache2 to the default location /Apache2 then
> simply extract this archive directly to the root of
> your volume. Use the 'Include' directive to add
> mod_jk2.conf to your httpd.conf. Rename the
> workers2.properties.minimal to workers2.properties,
> then edit the file and change the host and port setting
> if necessary.
> On NW 6.0 the default Tomcat listens on 9009 while with
> NW 6.5 Tomcat listens on 9010.
> After restarting Apache2 you should be able to browse
> the Tomcat documentation with this link:
> http://your.domain.com/tomcat-docs/
> This docs also include mod_jk2.
>
> version  : 2.0.4
> license  : http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

> Win32:
>
> This is a binary package of mod_jk2. If you have
> installed Apache2 to the default location /Apache2 then
> simply extract this archive directly to the root of
> your volume. Use the 'Include' directive to add
> mod_jk2.conf to your httpd.conf. Rename the
> workers2.properties.minimal to workers2.properties,
> then edit the file and change the host and port setting
> if necessary.
> After restarting Apache2 you should be able to browse
> the Tomcat documentation with this link:
> http://your.domain.com/tomcat-docs/
> This docs also include mod_jk2.
>
> version  : 2.0.4
> license  : http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

> here follows the directory structure I use:
>
> ./apache2
>          /conf
>               /workers2.properties.minimal
>               /mod_jk2.conf
>          /modules
>                  /mod_jk2.dll|nlm|so
>          /ver-info
>                   /mod_jk2
>                           /README
>                           /CHANGES
>                           /STATUS
>                           /INSTALL
>

> comments?

I like the idea of this and the text is good. I would think you would need to cover
how to install if the user is using a
non-default directory structure. I'm not sure if its common on Netware and W32, but
the *BSD's each use different locations for conf
and modules.

I'd like to see the mod_jk2.conf. At what location in httpd.conf should it be
included? You probably want to be specific about that.

Just a nitpick, but you may want to change 'volume' to 'drive' for win32.

-Kurt