NormW wrote:

Good evening Henri,
Thanks for taking the patch.

The pseudo-code (now below) is mostly an 'analysis' of what I would expect
JkUriSet to do based on understanding of the process. From this it is mostly
a check list of what to expect to find when looking at what the code
actually does. In looking at the uri records the current process creates, I
noticed the 'name' and 'uri' now lacks the added numbers, yet when I tried
the get= command I couldn't retrieve the object;  a dmp= showed the uri
records still get an object name that has a number added on, which is a
little confusing.

As mentioned previously, it's my understanding the uri records are meant to
aim a url at a designated worker, and if the uri record is first created in
workers2.properties then the 'comment' in the mod_jk2.c source that "all
entries passed in [via jkuriset] are unique" clearly _may_ not apply. In
that sense the uri objects are much like database records with a primary key
that includes the host, port and context... [uri:/examples/*] says to use
the 'default' host and port, and if the <Location> block isn't inside a
virtual host directive, then <Location /examples/*> effectively means the
same thing, so there really isn't a need to create an extra uri object....

As I said, it's mostly meant as a checklist, and is only valid if I
understand the requirements. While I would like to be able to code a patch
for this, my C skills are such that I limited my pseudo-code to use enough
to make it easier to understand.... it doesn't necessarily make it right.

Thanks Norm.

Any patch welcome.

Also what about working on an XML version of jkstatus ?

Could you save some hours on it ?