> From Costin Manolache
>
> We also know that IIS or iPlanet may sometimes be faster than
> apache or tomcat.
> So what ? As we used to say on tomcat-dev when we were slower
> than apache - performance is not the only thing that matters.
> I would bet resin is still a bit faster ( probably not much
> now :-), and you could probably find other servlet engines
> that may still be faster than tomcat.

He he :)

If the performance is not the only thing that matters, then I'm on the right
track.
Think you said something different couple of mails before, but I'm glad to
see things have changed :).

> I don't think people use PHP because it's faster than perl or
> python, or they used apache because it was faster.
>
> Success can be dangerous sometimes - it's important to keep
> things in perspective :-)

It all depends what your perspective is.
I'm trying to redefine mine as a Tomcat being a master http server, so I'm
trying to provide it with the things that this kind of application should
have, and one of them is a better native integration.

Of course when you put 1.6 billion $ on the table the perspective can be
changed in various directions :)

MT.