Remy Maucherat wrote:

It's cool to have one less thing to configure, but it seems to me jvmRoute is the most reliable and efficient way of doing stickiness

Can you describe the jvmRoute method to me?

(the cookie way is intrusive, and the IP way is highly inaccurate).

I agree on the IP way being inaccurate (and have argued long and hard against people who couldn't understand that the same browser could easily come in from one of many IP addresses, changing all the time as they go).

Currently tomcat handles sessions as either a) a cookie or b) a parameter. We could easily teach proxy_sticky that stickiness is based on either of these two.

Regards,
Graham