The offer to do this is great, but I am more than a little curious:

Why would anyone bother with a 4.1.x upgrade at this point? 5.0.27 is faster, more stable, etc, at this point as best I can tell.

--
Jess Holle

Keith Wannamaker wrote:

Yoav, I haven't RM'd a release yet but if you or another RM-pro
is willing to show me what is involved I might be willing to wear
the hat for 4.1.31.  Here is how I understand the process:

- tag and create a release canidate
- email to announce@
- wait 48 hours for show stoppers
- delcare the RC a release
- email to announce@, update jakarta site

I'd even be willing to document this process if it is not already.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message----- From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 9:13 AM To: Tomcat Developers List Subject: RE: Where's 4.1.31?

Hi,
You can't expect a 4.1.31 anytime soon.  It's in a maintenance mode
where only Spec violations and security flaws are the things that would
get a new release out.  We suggest the same thing we've been suggesting
for a while now, upgrade to 5.x.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics