Keith Wannamaker wrote:

Hi Jess, in our case we don't have the resources at this point in
time to certify our product with a completely new code base.

Hmmm... As someone who distributes Tomcat 4.1.x and 5.0.x to a broad customer base I see Tomcat 5.0.x certification as a 100% necessity for the future/present and see the incremental effort of verifying a new 4.1.x release as wasted when it could be focused on a 5.0.x verification against past and current releases of our own product.

Then again I believe I have a pretty good record of all changes that were required to our product for Tomcat 5 for future releases that could be backed into previous ones...

I'm sure different people have different reasons.

Yes, I echo Yoav's sentiment, though that the community needs to focus on 5.0.x and beyond and really help push mindshare away from 3.x and 4.x releases.

--
Jess Holle