I really hate comments like this. I'm glad you have plenty of free time to
upgrade to 5.x. When Tomcat 5.x was released, I was already midstream in
replacing IIS/ASP with Tomcat 4.1 and I'm happy to be able to do just that.
Now we're focusing on business needs and less on upgrading something that is
already 100% more stable and less buggy than IIS.

So right now from a business perspective, upgrading because it's there is
not a reason to upgrade. If I perceive that 4.x is slow for my application,
then I have a reason to upgrade. If I need the new listeners, status
monitor, or other enhancements, then I will consider an upgrade.

This is about filling a need, which 4.x does for me right now. 5.x would
fill that need as well (probably improved performance - I'll need to test
it) but offers nothing that I must have right now. Am I concerned about
performance? Yes. Is the current 4.1 performance bad? No. There are
nice-to-haves, but not enough to trump my current workload. Nothing against
5.x, but it's not a priority for me yet.

I'm impartial about another 4.1 release(no problems for me), and I don't
expect it to be supported forever, however I get annoyed by people assuming
that I have already implemented a newer version without realizing the
potential effort required.

We'll get there as time allows or requirements demand but not just because
it's available.

Charlie