From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 3:25 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List; Henri Yandell
Subject: Re: SVN migration?

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Henri Yandell wrote:

> I've not heard anything about it being mandatory yet, but the numbers
> speak for themselves.

It is not mandatory at this time. And won't be anytime soon.

> So I assume at some point there'll be pressure to turn off the CVS server.

There is that - as this is a volunteer ran service - and warm bodies are
always in short supply.

But then again - as long as there are volunteers from communities using
CVS expect the kettle to not come to a boil.

Ultimately -each- project needs to make their own deceisions as to what
tools and techniques they use; the ASF is merely a supprint and legal
backbone and container.

However SVN is a bit more modern than CVS - so you may also have some
internal reasons to move to SVN at some point - see the usual cvs v.s. svn
google pages.

Dw