Remy Maucherat wrote:

Hi,

Here's a new draft with the necessary updates.

I suppose this needs to be sent to the PMC for approval. If this draft is ok, I will send it there.

Then there are infrastructure taks:
- renaming mailing lists

Is that just keeping both lists and moving them up the domain hierarchy, or is there a move to
change the list names while we're at it?

- moving CVS
- new DNS and virtual host

To summarize things:
- I will be the proposed first PMC chair

Lucky you :-) Everyone else I hope thanks you for taking this on.

- PMC chairs will serve for one year, and cannot serve consecutive one year terms (shouldn't this be put in the resolution text ? - if so, please help writing it, as I can't write ASF resolution compliant language)

In a conventional organization I think this would be in a separate by-laws document, but I'm not up-to-date on Apache organization. If it belongs in the resolution, I will take a stab at implementing a wording that will be perceived as appropriate and efficacious :-)

- although the ASF infrastructure is quite aggressive in pushing Subversion, I find it harder to work with than CVS at the moment (including crucial - for me - revision graphs, and better tool support); as a result, I think I would prefer keeping CVS for the time being

I agree - I'd prefer to stay on CVS, at least until the tool support is more widespread (e.g., Eclipse doesn't ship with a SubVersion plug-in yet, though there are a few available).

Ian