Hi,

> Would this work? Or request restricted access to only
> - jakarta-tomcat-jasper
> - jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/balancer
>
> The user id id would be prefixed or suffixed with soc.  This also assumes
> no
> binding voting rights.
>
> Thoughts?
> - Drop the soc from the userid ?
> - Let them be full committers ?
> - Other?
>
> Since tomcat seems to be one of the last ones in cvs - I am not sure how
> using svn will work with respect to this.
>
> Do we need a vote so we can make the appropriate requests to
> infrastructure?

We're in a bit of a bind.  I don't want to let them be full committers:
that's a hard-earned privilege.  Same thing for the @apache.org address, so
I want to keep the soc prefix.

But we use CVS, and I don't think CVS supports directory-specific commit
privileges.  We'd have to make a branch for them, assuming CVS supports
branch-specific commit privileges?

Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management / School of Engineering
Cambridge, MA USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]