Jens Rehpöhler wrote: > Hello Sam, > > > > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment] > > > "CurrentVersion"="1.3" > > > > You changed the registry key back to 1.2? Changed something else? > > No, I changed it not back, I changed it to "1.3". Perhaps you should check the > "CurrentVersion" Key in "Java Developement Kit" too. weird. I got an error which said that the registry key was 1.3 and that it should be 1.2 I unistalled the JRE and now tomcat works fine > Did you set the JAVA_HOME and PATH Variables correctly? with JRE uninstalled there is no problem. However checking JAVA_HOME I can see I was trying to run tomcat with the JAVA_HOME and PATH still set to jdk1.2.2, duh. Thanks for the help, I think this should work now. CHEERS> SAM