I'm trying to slice up the GTest.java ant task that comes with the tomcat
distribution. Since we are using struts and placing some things in the
session (tho' we try to minimize that) any of my actions/pages I request
that rely on stuff being in the session error out.

What I was hoping to do was create a new ant task(def), let's call this
testcase, and the gtest task becomes a nested subtask. This way I could
open the socket/connection in the testcase and just reuse it in the gtest
subtask. Good thought, but it doesn't work. The first gtest task works, but
all subsequent ones fail (the response is always null). Naturally, socket
programming is not something I've done before and I was hoping there would
be an easier way.

So, where to from here?

1) Can somebody offer pointers on socket programming?

2) Is there a better way? (What are others doing to test their webapps?)

3) Is there documentation on using the JUnit ant task? And documentation on
JUnit itself?

Thanks in advance,

Mike