Do you have a CLASSPATH variable set?  What happens when you try to run
Tomcat?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 6:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Help!

hi!  I've downloaded the binary version of tomcat
3.1.1 build in my computer(Win 98) and I can't seem to
run it.  I've followed the instructions from a book
and from jakarta.apache.com.  I've installed the jdk,
and edited the tomcat.bat file.  The book told me
though that the default installation for Tomcat will
run under Unix, Windows NT and Windows 2000 and that
users with Windows 9X should consult the Tomcat
website for configuration information.  I explored in
the internet the whole afternoon for the configuration
but i had no luck.  My last resort is you.  Pls. tell
me how to configure this computer so that i'll be able
to run the Tomcat Server.