SUB:PROBLEM TOMCAT-STANDALONE MODE STARTUP (WIN 98)
(How to setup the environment variable)

1. TOMCAT(STDALONE\WIN98) NOT STARTING after setting the env variable.
A. BEFORE SETTING the environment variable,when I run run bin.stratup.bat,
it says point JAVA_HOME to your Java Development Kit.

B. AFTER setting env variables, the commands bin/startup and bin/shutdown
not functioning("says file not found).

C. How to know TOMCAT is RUNNING or NOT.?

I have setup the environment variables as follows

I have created a separate batch file(tomenv.bat) that contains the following:
 F:\
 cd\temp\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
 SET TOMCAT_HOME= f:\cd\temp\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
 SET JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.2.1
 SET CLASSPATH:=f:\cd\temp\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin\startup.bat;

PLEASE HELP(Three days have passed with this problem)