From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 9:15 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: HttpSessionListener: Negative session count

Howdy,
The simple check you had before (if session count < 1 don't decrement)
is not a bad idea.  You might want to log the sessionDestroyed event
just to be safe.

In the 2.4 servlet spec, you will have other options (notifications)
that apply to this scenario I think.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

sessionDestroyed(),
>> it is vulnerable to this behavior.
>>
>> When the server is restarted, if there are active sessions they are
>> persisted by default.  Then the server comes back up, and all these
>> sessions are active, without a session created event, so your
listener
>> has a counter value of 0, but there are actually >0 active sessions.
>> When these are destroyed as usual, sessionDestroyed() will be called
for
>> them, decrementing your counter and resulting in a negative value.
>>
>> Yoav Shapira
>> Millennium ChemInformatics

sender.  Thank you.